Privacy & Terms of Service
- Terms & Conditions
- Competition Terms & Conditions
- Print & Digital Advertising Terms & Conditions.
Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited.
- What personal information do we collect from you?
- How is your personal information processed, stored and kept secure?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information tous?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- Changing your mind about receiving marketing messages.
- Social media.
- Other websites.
- Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- How to contact us.
- What personal information do we collect from you?
- 1. What is personal information? Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
- 2. Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a Website, contact World Travel, or complete a form in any of our publications which may relate, for example, to subscriptions, competitions, offers and promotions. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to newsletters, place an order or participate in discussion boards on our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email, phone number and payment details.
- 3. Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
- 4. World Travel will from time to time collect information from you for the purpose of creating de-personalised data that does not reveal your identity. World Travel uses this information to improve our products and occasionally for other internal purposes. This information is only used in de-personalised form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
- How is your information processed, stored and kept secure?
- 1. Your personal information may be processed both in and outside Singapore. When you submit your details in whichever country you are situated you agree to the information being processed in Singapore.
- 2. We may also process or transfer your personal information outside Singapore. World Travel shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside Singapore, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under Singapore law, shall have adequate protection.
- 3. The Websites and our servers, wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- 4. However no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- How do we use your personal information?
- 1. World Travel processes personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with goods and/or services that you have requested and communicating with you about those products and services;
- monitoring, developing and improving the Websites, our services and your experience;
- providing a personalised service;
- conducting market research surveys;
- running competitions;
- providing you with information about World Travel’s, or our business partners’ products and services where you have provided your consent. You will always be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these messages;
- send out email alerts you have agreed to receive. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages;
- processing and dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf;
- we may also be required to disclose your personal information to authorities who can request this information by law that is binding on World Travel, for instance for the prevention and detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders and the assessment or collection of taxes; and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
- Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- 1. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined by the latest version of the Singapore Companies Act.
- 2. We may disclose your personal information to partners of World Travel who supply services to you on behalf of World Travel and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from World Travel, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to World Travel’s partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficiently robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst it is in their care.
- 3. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- 4. We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Websites in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- 5. Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice;
- where we have to defend ourselves legally;
- in complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information; and
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited. or users of our services.
- 6. Other than this, World Travel will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
- Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us?
- If you are aged  or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If we become aware that you are under  and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Websites without your parent/guardian’s permission, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary.
- Changing your mind about receiving marketing messages.
World Travel Cookies
- 1. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are common and won’t do anything to harm your system – they simply store or gather information. They help you to get the most out of your visit to our Websites.
- 2. We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer – go to www.allaboutcookies.org for instructions on how to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Websites if you do so.
- 3. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- 4. Our Websites use two main types of cookies:
- Per-session cookies. We only use these whilst you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages, for example recording the items you add to an online shopping basket. They also help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we don’t keep your information for longer than we need to.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites and fulfil any of your requests;
- Ensure your privacy when you visit our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Store details of your marketing preferences to improve and enhance your visit to our sites;
- Evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness – all information is anonymised and we don’t share it with anyone;
- Remember settings you have applied to a Website such as layout, font size, preferences, colours etc;
- Detect if a service has already been offered to you so that we don’t ask you again.
Third Party Cookies
|World Travel Website||World Travel uses Google Analytics, which sets a cookie in order to anonymously identify when users return to specific websites.
Google uses the information sent with this cookie to store a history of website pages visited in a user’s session. This data will not be used to associate any part of your identity, anonymous or not, with any other data held by Google.
Further information about how to opt-out of this cookie can be found at
|Facebook Like Button cookies||facebook.com||When you create or log in to an account on http://www.facebook.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your facebook account when visiting http://www.facebook.com again. The Facebook Like Button used on our Website is hosted by Facebook and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to Facebook when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by Facebook in order to associate the Facebook Like Button with your Facebook account. This information is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by Facebook.
|Twitter Share Button||twitter.com||When you create or log in to an account on http://www.twitter.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your twitter account when visiting http://www.twitter.com again. The Twitter Share Button used on our Website is hosted by http://www.twitter.com and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to Twitter when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by Twitter in order to associate the Twitter Share Button with your Twitter account. This data is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by Twitter.
|Google +1 Button||google.com||When you create or log in to an account on http://www.google.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your Google account when visiting http://www.google.com again. The Google +1 Button used on our Website is hosted by http://www.google.com and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to Google when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by Google in order to associate the Google +1 Button with your Google account. This data is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by Google.
|Advertisement Cookie||Any||From time to time, advertisers may include digital assets which set cookies on an advertiser’s domain or on the domain of our Website. These cookies will only store anonymous information about your interaction with a specific advert and will not be used to personally identify you.
You may find out more information, including how to opt-out of these cookies being set in your browser by visitinghttp://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- Social Media.
- 1. Social networking sites, such as Facebook, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We also work with application developers who specialise in social media, so that we can connect with your social networks. We provide access to our Websites for third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network.
- 2. We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third party sites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social networking site that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they may be sharing. If you do not want your networking sites to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. World Travel is not responsible for how these third party sites may use information collected from or about you.
- Other websites.
- 2. World Travel accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. World Travel advises you to carefully read third party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party website.
- Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- 1. You are entitled to see the information we hold about you. If you wish to access the personal information held by us, you should contact us in writing using the information provided below.
- 2. If we are legally able, we will provide you with copies of all the personal information we hold about you, on payment of a nominal administration charge of S$20. We are also obliged to request that you provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data.
- 3. Please help us to keep our records of your personal information up-to-date by notifying us of any changes or corrections to the personal information we hold about you.
- How to contact us.
The Data Controller
World Travel Magazine, Kaltenhouse Pte Ltd
20 Maxwell Road, #09-01M Maxwell House, Singapore 069113
Terms and Conditions
Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited.
These terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) govern your use of all Services. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not use the Service.
If you wish to make a formal complaint about any of the editorial content of either the web or print issue of this magazine, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 This Service is owned and operated by Kaltenhouse Pte Limited, a company registered in Singapore with company number 200902978K with its registered office at 20 Maxwell Road, #09-01M Maxwell House, Singapore 069113.
- 2 Where we use the term “Service” we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
- 3 Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
- 4 Where we refer to “World Travel”, “we”, “us” and “our” we mean World Travel Magazine, Kaltenhouse Pte Limited, its group companies and assigns and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives.
- 5 Where we refer to “you” and “your” this means or relates to you the user.
- 6 You understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Service. Your continued use of the Service shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly.
- Age Limit
- 1 You must be at least 16 years of age in order to use the Service.
- 2 We strongly recommend that if you are 16 years of age or older but not yet 18, you ask your parents for permission before sending any information about yourself to anyone over the internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. Parents can find out more here.
- Third party links, service providers and linking to the Service
- 1 The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those third parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
- 2 The Service may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by third party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, blogs, auctions, shopping, payment processing. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these terms and conditions. World Travel specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third party service providers.
- 3 Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not
- 3.1 create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
- 3.2 harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
- 3.3 imply that World Travel is endorsing it or its products or services;
- 3.4 use any World Travel Trade Mark (as defined in clause 8.2 below) without permission from us;
- 3.5 infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- 3.6 contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to World Travel’s reputation or commercial interests.
- 4 World Travel expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
- Use of the Service by You
- 1 You may retrieve and display Content from this Service on a computer screen or other device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content. You agree to use the Service only for your own personal non-commercial use and lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- 2 Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, you agree not to use the Services:
- 2.1 in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- 2.2 in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- 2.3 for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- 2.4 to send, knowingly receive, upload, submit download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Acceptable Content Policy below;
- 2.5 to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- 2.6 to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- 2.7 to copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Service, including by an automated or manual process or otherwise;
- 3 Other than connecting to World Travel’s servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to World Travel’s servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
- 4 You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Service or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Service.
- 5 To the extent the Service includes an download of software such as an app, you agree not to (and not to attempt to or encourage others to): (i) use the software or app for any use or purpose other than as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions; or (ii) copy, adapt, modify, reverse engineer, decompile disassemble, otherwise tamper with, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the software or app or any portion of the software or app, except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions.
- Content by You or other users
- 1 “UGC” means any Content that you or other users upload, submit or make available to the Service.
- 2 You understand that your communications on the Service are not private or confidential and may be viewed by others accessing the Service.
- 4 We reserve the right to, but undertake no duty to, review, edit, move or delete any UGC in our sole discretion and without notice.
- 5 We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted as UGC. Any information or material placed online by other users of the Service, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the view of World Travel. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we have no responsibility or liability to you for UGC including for any failure to or delay in removing UGC. If you have a complaint about any UGC, see the Complaints section below.
- 6 You are solely responsible for your UGC and may be held liable for UGC that you post. In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable Content Policy and not submit UGC that:
- 6.1 Is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable.
- 6.2 impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of World Travel or its companies or business partners.
- 6.3 you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal.
- 6.4 promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- 6.5 contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- 6.6 imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service’s infrastructure, or otherwise adversely affects, restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- 6.7 contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routine.
- 7 When you submit UGC, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable licence to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your UGC.
- Competitions and Prizes
- From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Service. These are subject to the Competition Terms & Conditions and/or separate terms and conditions that will be made available in each instance.
- Additional Rules
- We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional terms and conditions that apply to specific parts of the Service. Such additional terms and conditions will be posted in the relevant parts of the Service, and will be clearly identified. Your use of those parts of the Service constitutes your agreement to those additional terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
- 1 All Content and other material on the Service is owned by us or our third party licensors (and is protected by international copyright, trade dress, design, patent, and trade mark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved to us and our licensors.
- 2 You acknowledge that ‘World Travel’ and ‘World Travel Magazine’ and any other brands or logos that belong to us within the Service are World Travel trade marks (the “World Travel Trade Marks”) and that you may not use them without written permission from World Travel.
- 3 You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, patent, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Service. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from.
- 4 Making unauthorised copies of Content found on this Service may result in the prohibition of your use of the Service and further legal action.
- 1 We respect the intellectual property and other rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe the rights of others.
- 2 Copyright: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please contact us.
- 3 Defamation: If you believe that another user has defamed you on the site through their UGC, please follow this link to inform us. You will need to give use certain information to allow us to investigate properly.
- You agree to indemnify World Travel and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits and liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) that may arise from your UGC, from your unauthorised use of our Content, or from your breach of these terms and conditions.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- 1 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that your use of the Service is at your own risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your use, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, World Travel and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives hereby expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral, in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the Service.
- 2 World Travel does not represent or warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Service. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the Service at times or locations of your choosing, or that we will have adequate capacity for the Service as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
- 3 In no event shall World Travel or its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, be liable for direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from your use of the Service, the internet or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Service, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Service, your use of or reliance on the Service or any of the information or materials available on the Service, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions, liability shall be limited to the full extent permitted by law. World Travel does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any third party product or service offered through the Service and will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
- 4 Liability will not be limited in the case of fraudulent misrepresentations, death or personal injury directly caused by their negligence, or any other liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of applicable law.
- We have the right to terminate your use of or ability to access the Service, for any reason, without notice.
- In the event that any term of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions shall remain valid and enforceable. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the postal or email address set out at the head of these terms and conditions.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited.
- These Terms and Conditions
- 1 These terms and conditions (which we will refer to as our “General Terms”) are the overarching general terms and conditions that apply to all the competitions promoted by Kaltenhouse Pte Limited (which we will refer to as “World Travel”, “we” or “us”). We refer to all these competitions as the “Competitions” in these General Terms.
- 2 In addition to these General Terms, Competitions will also have their own specific terms and conditions (such as the details of how to enter, the opening/closing dates and the sort of prize you may win). Any such Competition-specific terms and conditions will be made available as part of the promotion of the particular Competition in publications and/or online. In these General Terms, we will refer to these Competition-specific terms and conditions as the “Specific Terms”.
- 3 You should therefore read these General Terms in combination with any applicable Specific Terms. Where any such Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
- 4 We may change these General Terms at any time. You should check our website regularly for any changes, which will apply from the date that they are uploaded.
- 5 By entering any Competition you agree that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and also any applicable Specific Terms.
- Identity Of The Promoter Of The Competition
- 1 The “promoter” of a Competition is the person who is legally responsible for operating it. Unless any Specific Terms tell you otherwise, the promoter of the Competitions will be World Travel.
- 2 Kaltenhouse Pte Limited is a company registered in Singapore with company number 200902978K and with its registered office at 20 Maxwell Road, #09-01M Maxwell House, Singapore 069113. You can write to us at this address if you have any concern in relation to any of our Competitions, setting out clearly (i) the name of the Competition, (ii) the name of our publication or website running the Competition and (iii) your issue.
- Eligibility Rules For Our Competitions
- 1 Unless we impose a particular age limit in relation to any of our Competitions, they are open to all persons resident in Singapore at the date of their entry. We reserve the right to require that the parent or guardian of any person aged 18 or less confirms in writing that they agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Competition and will accept any prize on behalf of a prizewinner under the age of 18.
- 2 Certain Competitions may have additional eligibility requirements, such as valid passports, visas, driving licences, good physical health and so on. Any such additional eligibility requirements will be published in Specific Terms of the relevant Competition.
- 3 It will be our sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with these General Terms.
- 4 Employees (and their immediate family and household members) of Kaltenhouse Pte Limited, or any company involved in the Competition, or any such company’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, or any prize provider, or (if relevant) any advertising agency connected with a Competitor may not enter that Competition.
- Entry and Entry Methods
- 1 Emails: Where a Competition asks you to enter by email, your email must be addressed to the correct email address and must include the correct subject title, keywords or other answer format as required by the relevant Specific Terms. Entries which fail to do so will be void. Email entries are deemed to be received on arrival, not when they are sent from your email account.
- 2 Premium rates: Competition entry may be by premium rate landline or mobile texts or calls. Your network provider may also charge varying amounts for these types of call and so the cost of your call may be more than as stated by us. In all cases, you should check costs with your network provider and you should have the bill payer’s permission to enter using a premium rate method. Where entry is by telephone, entries that are submitted before lines open or after lines close will not be entered in the Competition but we cannot guarantee that entrants will not be charged for the call or text made. You should note that invalid or unsuccessful entries made via these methods may still be charged.
- 3 SMS: Where a Competition asks you to enter using SMS, you will need an SMS compatible mobile phone with an account with a service provider that permits text messages to our premium rate number. SMS entries are deemed to be received on arrival, not when they are sent from your handset. SMS entries must be addressed to the correct number or shortcode and must include the correct keywords or other answer format as required by the Specific Terms of the Competition. Entries which fail to do so will be void.
- 4 Deficient entries: In all Competitions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to the goodwill and reputation of any of our publications, websites or brands. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry.
- 5 Automated Entry: The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any Competition repeatedly is prohibited.
- 6 Names: Entrants must enter Competitions using their legal name once only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
- 7 Multiple Entries. Unless otherwise permitted pursuant to any Specific Terms, no person may enter any Competition more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company.
- 8 Prize Limits. No person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one (1) prize valued at five hundred Singapore dollars (S$500) or more via any of our Competitions in any six (6) month period.
- 9 Retrospective Effect. Where an entrant or prizewinner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions set out in rules 4.6 to 4.8 above, we may nevertheless still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prizewinner in question.
- 1 We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prizewinners must accept prizes in the form offered.
- 2 All prizewinners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date of the Competition via at least one (1) of the following methods:
- (a) by telephone; or
- (b) in writing (including by email).
- 3 Prizes will be despatched to the winner via the Singapore mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- 4 Prizes will only be delivered to an address within Singapore. Should a prizewinner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant Competition.
- 5 We reserve the right to request proof of a prizewinner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prizewinner cannot provide us with proof of identity reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prizewinner.
- 6 All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and non exchangeable. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us. If a prizewinner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by us (or any relevant third party prize provider) then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or part of it.
- 7 Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- 8 We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our Competitions or prizewinners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- 9 All stated prize values are at the supplier’s recommended retail price in their relevant currency and are correct at the time of printing. We take no responsibility for any fluctuations in prize values. We award cash prizes in the form of a cheque in the name of the prizewinner. Any other arrangement will be at our discretion.
- 10 No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event are not included and any accommodation prize includes basic room charge only.
- 11 Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prizewinners agree to be bound by these. Subject to paragraph 19.2, World Travel shall have no liability in relation to any prize provided by a third party provider.
- 12 A list of prizewinners for a Competition can be obtained by writing to: Digital Sales Director, Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited., 20 Maxwell Road, #09-01M Maxwell House, Singapore 069113 and quoting the name of the Competition
- Holiday Prizes
- 1 Because of their complexity, we have certain special terms that apply to holiday prizes. These are set out in this paragraph 6. Where holiday prizes include a place for a travelling companion (i.e. a holiday for the prizewinner plus guest) then these General Terms also apply to those persons.
- 2 Unless otherwise stated: (i) holiday prizes consist of flights or accommodation only, (ii) all spending money and other expenses, unless otherwise stated, are costs for the prizewinner and are not provided as part of any holiday prize, (iii) holiday prizes do not include airport departure or government taxes (these must be paid by the prizewinner and any travelling companion), and (iv) insurance is not provided as part of any holiday prize. It will be each prizewinner’s and (if applicable) their travelling companion’s responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
- 3 The prizewinner and any travelling companions must have and maintain valid passports endorsed with all relevant visas and with expiry dates no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the applicable country or countries. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to prizewinners and/or their travelling companions. We shall not be responsible for ensuring your ability to travel to your holiday destination nor for any additional costs incurred should you be refused entry.
- 4 Unless otherwise stated, all holiday prizes must be taken within six (6) months of the closing date of the relevant Competition or the prize will lapse. Holiday prizes are also usually subject to terms and conditions required by the provider of the holiday.
- 5 It is the responsibility of the prizewinner and any travelling companions (if applicable) to check any travel advisories issued by the Government and determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the holiday destination. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prizewinner and their travelling companions (if applicable) arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by the Government.
- 6 The prizewinner and their travelling companions (if applicable) must comply with and are responsible for obtaining any inoculation and health regulations required by any holiday prize destination country.
- 7 We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prizewinner or their travelling companion (if applicable) should any prizewinner or their travelling companion (if applicable) not redeem a holiday prize as a result of any Government travel warning or advisory applicable to the destination country and/or countries or for any other failure on their part to travel. In particular, we shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where a prizewinner and/or their travelling companion (if applicable) fail to redeem a holiday prize for any reason.
- 8 Prizewinners and their travelling companions must comply with the terms and limitations of airlines, other transport providers, and the venues involved in the provision of any holiday prize, including any insurance policy relating to the holiday. In particular, entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- 9 Where the United States of America is a holiday prize destination, the prizewinner and any travelling companion will be required to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). It is recommended that applications are submitted no later than seventy two (72) hours prior to the departure date. Should this form not be lodged correctly by the winner and any travel companions by the required time, they may be ineligible to enter the United States of America and will therefore forfeit their holiday prize. Completion and cost of the ESTA application is the responsibility of the prizewinner and any travelling companion. We are not liable or responsible for the submission or cost of your ESTA application.
- Events Prizes
- 1 Where the prize for any of our Competitions involve the winner’s attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the prizewinner acknowledges that we are not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
- 2 Entrants proposing to redeem prizes involving, or participating in any Competition where it involves, travel, stunts or physical challenges should notify us of any medical condition and we may at our absolute discretion require entrants as a condition of entering the Competition or receiving the prize to:
- (a) submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by us and obtain medical clearance to participate in the Competition and/or redeem the prize; and/or
- (b) execute a legal document to exonerate us from liability in a form prescribed by us in order to participate further in the Competition and/or redeem the prize.
- 3 Where prizes comprise or include “meet and greet” elements with celebrities, the prize may be subject to the availability of the celebrity in question or to rules imposed by the celebrity and we will have no liability for any inability or failure of any prizewinner to attend any “meet and greet” session offered on any date nor will we offer any alternative prize or cash alternative or compensation for such failure.
- Unclaimed Prizes
- 1 All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after this period to alternative prizewinners or not to award them at all and we shall have no liability in respect of the entry initially selected. Any prize which is returned as undelivered will be used for another Competition or sent to charity.
- 2 We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after this period to alternative prizewinners or not to award them at all.
- 3 If you call to claim a prize from a “withheld number” line you must provide us with your contact details, otherwise we may be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your prize.
- Publicity And Personal Information
- 2 Should an entrant be required to submit a third party’s personal information as a part of entry into or participation in any Competition, each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to us has given or will give their consent for their details to be provided to us and to be contacted by us in relation to the relevant Competitions.
- 3 It is a condition of your entry to our Competitions that we have the right to publicise to the public the names and Counties of entrants to our Competitions and otherwise to process your personal information for the running of the Competitions and matters incidental to the Competition.
- 4 All entrants and particularly prizewinners, may be required by us to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s). In this regard you agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity. If you elect for anonymity, we may not be able to include you in certain Competitions.
- 5 Entrants also acknowledge that publicity materials featuring them may be provided to our third party prize providers for the purposes of promoting their association with the Competition and awarding the relevant prizes.
- 6 No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry in any Competition or any publicity relating to the Competition.
- 7 By entering the Competition entrants warrant and undertake that the information submitted is true, accurate and complete.
- Photographs And Videos
- 1 Should any Competition require entrants to submit any photographs or video clips, as a part of entry into or participation and used in the Competition (collectively referred to in these General Terms as “Photograph”):
- (a) entrants warrant that they are the person in the Photograph or have prior approval from the person in the Photograph that it may be submitted as part of their entry;
- (b) entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Photograph in any media including, but not limited to, online, at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- (c) entrants acknowledge that we may edit the Photograph in our sole discretion;
- (d) entrants agree that we have the right to use entrants’ names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the Photograph;
- (e) entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photograph;
- (f) entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the Photograph; and
- (g) entrants aged under 18 shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details we need should we wish to verify this).
- 1 Where any prize is awarded via a prize draw, prizewinners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries within twenty eight (28) days of the Competition closing date (unless otherwise specified in the Specific Terms).
- 2 If we become aware that the same person has been selected as a prizewinner more than once, we will draw another name.
- 1 By entering our Competitions all entrants:
- (a) assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- (b) agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against World Travel, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- (c) undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- (d) confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- 2 For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same our absolute discretion.
- 1 If any prizewinner is a child or young person (i.e. under the age of 18) we may require that the terms and conditions applicable to the Competition (including these General Terms) be signed by the prizewinner’s parent or legal guardian before the prize is awarded. Any such prize may at our discretion be awarded to the prizewinner’s parent or legal guardian.
- 2 Holiday prizes are not available to persons under the age of 18 without written consent from a parent or legal guardian and unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- 3 Where entrants or prizewinners are required by us to sign a release or other document before participating in a Competition and/or redeeming a prize and the entrant and/or prizewinner is under the age of 18 years, such document must be signed by that person’s parent or legal guardian prior to their participation in the Competition and/or the prize being awarded.
- Technical And Other Matters
- 1 If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- Leave For Participation
- Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a Competition and/or take a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each contestant.
- Termination Of Competition
- We may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. We will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
- Decisions Final
- 1 All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- 2 Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
- 3 Where a Competition involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received and published by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Failure To Enforce Terms And Conditions
- A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prizewinner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
- Exclusion Of Liability
- 1 Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- 2 To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prizewinner in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing in these General Terms shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph 19.2 shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider and to any social networking site (where the Competition is hosted by a social networking site).
- 3 Where a competition is hosted by a social networking site, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with that social networking site.
- 4 By entering the Competition, the entrant indemnifies us against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by us in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein.
- 3 In the event that any provision of these General (or any Specific) Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- 1 These General Terms (and any Specific Terms) shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Singapore.
Print And Tablet Advertising Terms And Conditions
Kaltenhouse Pte. Limited.
- (a) the “Advertiser” means the person or entity booking advertising space in a WTM Publication with WTM, whether an advertising agency, brand owner or whomsoever.
- (b) “Advertising Copy” means the advertising and promotional content (including any Sales Promotions as defined below) requested by the Advertiser to be published by WTM in one or more WTM Publications.
- (c) “WTM” means World Travel Magazine, Kaltenhouse Pte Limited of 20 Maxwell Road, #09-01M Maxwell House, Singapore 069113.
- (d) “WTM Publication” means any of the magazine titles published by Kaltenhouse Pte Limited and/or World Travel Magazine from time-to-time.
- (e) “Digital Versions” means any WTM Publication as made available in an electronic format compatible with one or more handheld or tablet end-user devices (such as, without limitation, Kindles and iPads).
- (f) “Premium” and “Premium Plus” advertising options means in relation to “Premium” including but not limited to scrolling advertisements, slide shows and 30 second videos and “Premium Plus” including but not limited to photo explorer, photo 360 and 60 second video.
- (g) “Production Work” means any and all artwork, sketches, layouts, mock-ups, graphics, photography, processing or other work, work product, services and service product that the Advertiser may request WTM to perform or provide from time-to-time.
- (h) the “Publication Date” means, in relation to each version of a WTM Publication (print, Digital and PDF) the date(s) on which the relevant version comes on sale in the United Kingdom.
- (i) “PDF Versions” means any WTM Publication as made available in a “static format” digital magazine issue (e.g. on Issuu, Magzter etc.).
- (j) “Press Date” means WTM’s various deadline(s) for receipt of any Advertiser’s Advertising Copy, as the same may be notified by WTM to the Advertiser in respect of each instance of publication of such Advertising Copy in a conventional, print-media WTM Publication, a Digital Version or a PDF Version.
- (k) “Rates” means WTM’s costs and charges for the publication of Advertising Copy in WTM Publications, as evidenced in the WTM Rate Card in force at the relevant time, but not including any additional fees and costs for any Production Work as described in Section 2(b) below which shall be payable in addition to the Rates.
- (l) “Rate Card” means the table of WTM’s Rates for the publication of Advertising Copy in WTM Publications, as updated by WTM from time-to-time.
- (m) “Sales Promotions” means as defined in Section 8 of the CAP ‘UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing’.
- (n) “Technical Specifications” means WTM’s technical requirements for Advertising Copy provided by or on behalf of Advertisers from time-to-time, plus the specific technical specifications applicable to Advertising Copy destined for publication in Digital Versions (these specific digital specifications being referred to as the ‘ Tablet Advertising Material Specifications’).
- Rates & Costs
- (a) Rates are quoted in the Rate Card exclusive of GST and may be increased at any time upon 3 months’ written notice, “written notice” for these purposes to include notice posted on this web page as part of these Terms & Conditions.
- (b) In addition to the Rates, if the Advertiser requires any Production Work to be performed by WTM, it shall pay WTM for the same at the cost quoted by WTM at the time of request, plus any applicable VAT or other sales tax at the prevailing rate.
- (c) All rights, including all copyright, in any Production Work performed by WTM shall vest in WTM and the Advertiser may use the same solely for the limited purpose of publishing the associated Advertising Copy in the relevant WTM Publications pursuant and subject to these Terms and Conditions. Where an Advertiser wishes to receive an assignment of rights in any Production Work then the same shall be subject to the written agreement of WTM (which it may grant or withhold in its absolute discretion and which may include the agreement of any further terms).
- (d) Advertising Copy for Digital Editions will be displayed in portrait orientation viewable via the horizontal scroll bar. Advertising Copy which requires reformatting will be deemed to be Production Work and subject to an additional fee as set out in Section 2(b) above. Any custom Advertising Copy produced by WTM will also constitute ‘Production Work’ and hence will incur additional fees as set out in Section 2(b) above. Advertising Copy supplied by the Advertiser to the Table Advertising Material Specifications (see Section 4(ii)(a) below) will not generally require any Production Work from WTM and hence should not generally incur extra fees.
- (e) Premium and Premium Plus options are approved on an individual case by case basis by WTM in its discretion and are subject to extra fees.
- (a) Agents must disclose the name of their principals and nature of the advertised goods, services, Sales Promotions and Advertising Copy at time of booking. Any incomplete or misleading disclosure or failure fully to disclose, or any non-compliance of any matter with applicable regulation, entitles WTM to reject or cancel the order.
- (b) The WTM Rate Card is not an offer to contract. A contract between WTM and the Advertiser (and WTM’s obligation to publish any Advertising Copy on these Terms & Conditions) arises only upon and subject to WTM’s written acceptance of the Advertiser’s order and additionally, in the case of financial advertising, the compliance of the relevant Advertising Copy with the prevailing laws of Singapore.
- (c) Cancellations cannot be accepted from Advertisers within 2 months of the Publication Date of the conventional, print-media WTM Publication. Orders for Advertising Copy comprising covers and Sales Promotions are non-cancellable.
- (d) Orders for next to or facing editorial positions can only be accepted subject to availability at the time of going to press.
- (e) It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to notify WTM within 7 days of receipt of WTM’s written acceptance of the Advertiser’s order for the publication of its Advertising Copy if the booking details set out in WTM’s acceptance confirmation are incorrect.
- (f) Advertisers are required to specify, in their orders, which WTM Publications (and which digital versions) they wish their Advertising Copy to appear in. Where a WTM Publication is published in both Digital and PDF Versions, WTM will, unless notified otherwise by the Advertiser, publish the Advertising Copy in all of the Digital Versions and PDF Versions of the relevant WTM Publication, to all of the compatible end-user devices. The Advertiser may, if it so specifies in its order to WTM, elect not to have its Advertising Copy published in the PDF Version of the relevant WTM Publication, but in this regard the Advertiser acknowledges that this ‘opt-out’ will be universal in respect of all PDF Versions across all end-user devices.
- Copy Artwork And Materials
- (i) Print Advertising Copy
- (a) All Advertising Copy (which must be in the form of PDF files and digital proofs) provided by or on behalf of the Advertiser to WTM must comply with WTM’s Technical Specifications. WTM may reject for publication any Advertising Copy which is not compliant with the Technical Specifications.
- (b) The technical compliance of Advertising Copy provided by the Advertiser to WTM for publication in Digital Versions remains the responsibility of the Advertiser. WTM accepts no responsibility and shall have no liability to the Advertiser for any of the consequences (including the state of the resulting published Advertising Copy) where any materials provided to WTM do not comply with the Technical Specifications.
- (c) If the Advertiser does not provide a PDF file and digital proof of the relevant Advertising Copy by the Press Date WTM is entitled (but not obliged) to re-publish any previous Advertising Copy previously published in the relevant WTM Publication.
- (d) WTM shall be under no obligation to review or make corrections to any pre- or post-publication Advertising Copy.
- (ii) Tablet Advertising Copy
- (a) Advertising Copy intended for publication in Digital Versions must comply with the ‘Tablet Advertising Material Specifications’ section of the Technical Specifications. PDF Versions do not require compliance with any technical specifications other than the general Technical Specifications. WTM may reject for publication any Advertising Copy which is not compliant with the Tablet Advertising Material Specifications.
- (b) Advertisers may email WTM at email@example.com for full details of WTM’s technical requirements for Digital Versions and information about the Technical Specifications.
- (c) The technical compliance of Advertising Copy provided by the Advertiser to WTM for publication in Digital Versions remains the responsibility of the Advertiser. WTM accepts no responsibility and shall have no liability to the Advertiser for any of the consequences (including the state of the published Advertising Copy) where any materials provided to WTM do not comply with the ‘Tablet Advertising Material Specifications’ element of the Technical Specifications.
- (d) If the Advertiser does not provide Advertising Copy compliant with this Section 4(ii) by the notified Press Date for the Digital Version WTM is entitled (but not obliged) to re-publish any previous Advertising Copy previously published in the relevant Digital Version.
- (e) For the avoidance of doubt, any links embedded in any Advertising Copy for any Digital Version will only be enabled when the relevant end-user device is connected to the Web via WiFi or 3G.
- (iii) General
- (a) All Advertising Copy supplied by the Advertiser will be held by WTM at the owner’s risk and should be insured against loss or damage and backup copies retained by the owner. Advertising Copy will be deleted and destroyed by WTM after 6 months of WTM’s receipt of the same unless collected from WTM by the Advertiser. None of the Advertising Copy shall be deemed to have any value other than the cost of the materials.
- (a) Payment shall be made within 30 days of the date of WTM’s invoice.
- (b) If payment is not made in full within 30 days of the date of WTM’s invoice the Advertiser shall pay interest at 8% above SIBOR base rate.
- (c) New Advertisers will be required to pay in advance for the first three insertions of Advertising Copy.
- (a) The Advertiser accepts that the Advertiser is a principal in law and accordingly warrants that all Advertising Copy (and its constituent parts) when submitted to WTM for production and upon publication shall: (i) be neither defamatory nor obscene, and shall comply in all respects with the requirements of the Singapore Code of Advertising Practice and other relevant industry codes, and (ii) comply with and not contravene the requirements of (a) any Act of Parliament, statutory instrument, code of practice or regulation promulgated thereunder and (b) any acts, decrees, regulations or authorities in those markets in which the advertisement (and in particular comparative advertising) may be accessed: (iii) in the case of financial advertising comply with the Singapore Law and other relevant statutes and regulations issued pursuant to statute or by any regulatory body: (iv) not breach any contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark or any other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or render WTM liable to any proceedings or liabilities whatsoever, wheresoever.
- (b) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set out herein, WTM is entitled at its absolute discretion to reject or exclude any Advertising Copy submitted for publication notwithstanding: (i) WTM’s previous acceptance of the relevant Advertiser’s order; and (ii) whether or not the relevant Advertising Copy has been previously accepted for publication or published previously.
- (c) The Advertiser will indemnify WTM fully in respect of any costs, claims, damages, losses or liabilities of any sort suffered or incurred by WTM arising directly or indirectly from the production or publication of any Advertising Copy which is in breach of any of the warranties set out in Section 6(a) above.
- (d) Any complaint concerning the production or publication of any Advertising Copy must be notified in writing to WTM within 4 weeks of the relevant Publication Date.
- (e) WTM will exercise reasonable care in preparing and publishing Advertising Copy but if any Advertising Copy is not published in accordance with the booking confirmation issued by WTM due to the act or omission of WTM, WTM’s maximum liability shall be limited to the amount of any payment made for the relevant Advertising Copy. WTM shall not be liable in any manner to the Advertiser for any error, misprint or omission which does not materially detract from the look or meaning of any Advertising Copy nor shall WTM be liable to the Advertiser for any such error, misprint or omission to the extent attributable to the Advertiser’s non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. WTM may (subject to Section 6(b) above) at the Advertiser’s request carry further or corrective Advertising Copy of a similar type and standard to the Advertising Copy which has not been published in accordance with the booking confirmation issued by WTM which shall be the Advertiser’s sole and exclusive remedy.
- (f) The Advertiser may not recharge a client for advertising space at an increased rate without WTM’s written consent.
- (g) For Advertising Copy including a Sales Promotion or a special offer the Advertiser must provide all details when placing its order.
- (h) WTM and the Advertiser warrant that they will observe their respective obligations under the Data Protection laws arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- (i) These Terms and Conditions shall be construed under and governed by the law of Singapore and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.