South Africa is one of the world’s favorite travel destinations.
South Africa is one of the world’s favorite travel destinations. You will not be disappointed in your choice to visit this vibrant country. Here are top reasons of why you should visit South Africa.
1. Wildlife– Out of many countries rich in wildlife and Safaris, Kruger National Park is one of the largest game reserves in the world. It also goes into Mozambique and Zimbabwe along with being in South Africa. You can either drive through the park on your own or take private tours. You are sure to encounter magnificent wildlife. You can easily find budget to luxury lodges nestled right in the midst of jungle.
2. Rich history– If you love history then this country has a story that you would be amazed to learn about. South Africa has a large tumultuous history and is one that people should learn about and understand if visiting.
3. Food & Wine– South African cuisine has a lot of outside influences like from Europe and Asia from colonialism times. They have some of the most delicious meats in the world that taste best when combined with a glass of wine. With the majority of the vineyards being located just outside of Cape Town, you can hop in a visit for lunch, enjoy tasting menus, take tours and of course purchase some fabulous wines.
4. The Scenic Beauty– From the winelands and Cape fold mountains to the African bushveld and the arid Karoo, past the green hills of Natal – there are breathtaking elements everywhere that make you go ‘wow’.
5. Diverse Culture- South Africa is home to all, a huge diversity of cultures atleast. From English speaking South Africans to Afrikaans, Tswana, Zulu and Xhosa, the people are as diverse and as unique as the languages, and yet they all live in the same country.
6. The Beaches- The coastline hug both the west and east perimeters of this country. The windswept rugg
And if you liked this story, subscribe to our bi-monthly World Travel Magazine, a handpicked selection of editorial features and stories from Global Destinations, Inspire Me, Insider, Style File, Wellness & Travel, City Travel, Suite Life, At Leisure, Short Breaks and much more.